Over time, dryer vents may fill up with lint, decreasing their effectiveness and raising the risk of a fire. Lint and other debris that might accumulate in the dryer vent can be removed with regular dryer vent cleanings, which can enhance dryer performance and assist in preventing fires.
To increase the dryer’s effectiveness, a dryer vent needs to be cleaned frequently. Lint and other filth and debris impairing the dryer’s performance can be removed with regular dryer vent cleaning.
You should clean your dryer vent when you notice any of the following:
- Your clothing is drying much more slowly than usual.
- Your clothing, as well as the dryer’s exterior, become quite warm.
- The dryer hose is surrounded by junk.
- The vent hood flap won’t fully open.
- The dryer vent hasn’t been looked at in over a year.
- You detect an odd burning odor on the clothing.
- When the dryer is on, the laundry area feels overly warm.
What Does a Thorough Dryer Vent Cleaning Include?
Cleaning the dryer vents involves more than just clearing the filter of debris. Numerous additional items require inspection and cleaning. Below is a detailed explanation of the steps involved in a thorough dryer vent cleaning.
- Examine the dryer vent opening. To do this, step outdoors and carefully examine the dryer vent.
- Removing barriers. The outside is thoroughly cleaned of any dirt, debris, leaves, and animal feces that have gathered there and impeded the passage of lint.
- Clean up the lint and other debris that has gathered on the dryer vent.
- Clean the space behind the dryer.
- Thoroughly clean the dryer’s lint trap and drum to complete the process.
What Benefits Can You Expect from Routine Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Cleaning the dryer vent on a regular basis will improve its efficiency and lower the amount of power it consumes. Routine dryer vent cleaning can save up to 30 percent in energy cost savings for households.
- Lower Cost of Maintenance
Regular dryer vent cleaning lowers the chance of obstructions and overheating. It is less prone to malfunction or a technical issue.
- Decreased Likelihood of a Fire
Lint is a substance that easily catches fire. It can start a fire that can wreak havoc if it is allowed to build up on the vent. Lint buildup can be avoided with regular cleaning, lowering the risk of fire.
- Reduced Wear and Tear
Your dryer has to work twice as hard to dry your clothing if the dryer vent is not cleaned frequently. Important dryer components may become worn out by this extreme strain. Regular maintenance reduces wear and tear by increasing dryer efficiency.
Your dryer vent needs to be kept pristine. Replace dryer sheets with liquid fabric softener if you currently use them. The solid vent pipe should be used in place of the flexible vent pipe.
Bring the dryer up against the exterior wall. Between loads, give the dryer at least 15 minutes to cool.
Even with these precautionary measures, you should clean your dryer vents once every twelve months to get rid of lint and debris and prevent obstructions. If you don’t want to clean your dryer vents yourself, call a professional to do it for you.
Duct Doctor Birmingham is your best choice if you need experts to do your dryer vent cleaning. We specialize in air duct cleaning. We are a locally-owned franchise priding ourselves on honesty and integrity. Call us now to get started!